What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
What kind of cookies we use?
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Analysis cookies: These are those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the statistical measurement and analysis of the use that users make of the service offered. For this, your browsing on our website is analyzed in order to improve the offer of products or services that we offer you.
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through the restricted area and use its different functions, such as, for example, carrying out the process of purchasing an item.
Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language or type of browser through which it connects to the service.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that, well treated by this website or by third parties, allow the offer of advertising spaces on the website to be managed in the most efficient way possible, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or use. you make from our website. For this we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These types of cookies store information on the behavior of visitors obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertisements based on it.
Many of the cookies we use are only set if you are a registered WordPress.com user (so you don’t have to log in every time, for example), while others are set whenever you visit one of our websites, irrespective of whether you have an account.
For more information on the choices you have about the cookies we use, please see the Controlling Cookies section below.
Where we place cookies
We set cookies in a number of different locations across our services. These include:
- On our websites (including automattic.com, wordpress.com, vip.wordpress.com, jetpack.com, woocommerce.com, crowdsignal.com, gravatar.com, intensedebate.com, vaultpress.com, akismet.com, simplenote.com, simperium.com, leandomainsearch.com, cloudup.com, longreads.com, and happy.tools).
- In the administrative dashboards of our websites.
- On sites we host for our users.
- On sites that use our plugins.
- In the emails we send.
Do you want to delete cookies?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer.
Most web browsers offer the possibility of allowing, blocking or eliminating the cookies installed on your computer.
Below you can access the configuration of the most frequent web browsers to accept, install or deactivate cookies: